How to Take Care of a Lip Piercing
So you have just gotten your lip pierced. For some people it hurts, others don’t feel a thing.
1. Before you get your lip pierced, think about “Is it worth it?” and “Do I have time to clean it?”
2. The day you get it pierced it usually won’t bleed and if it does it’s a very tiny amount. (Remember it’s just a pinch)
3. You have your lip pierced! After you get it pierced you should go buy a bottle of Mouthwash that DOES NOT CONTAIN ALCOHOL (i.e: Biotene), Q-tips, and sea salt. Mix the sea salt and the warm water together to clean your piercing.. (If you don’t have any available)
4. The piercing should heal in 6 to 8 weeks. After that time period you don’t have to clean it that often. Your lip will get swollen but that’s normal.
5. Clean your lip after every meal and make sure you brush your teeth also. Grab a Q-Tip and soak one end in a warm water/sea salt mixture and gently rub around the piercing in your inner and outer lip. Then use a small amount of the nonalcoholic mouthwash normally. Your lip will get crusted blood on it just make sure you wash it all off.
6. Keep cleaning for 6-8 weeks and it will heal up quickly.